Time4Learning offers online, interactive, project-based curriculum for Pre-K – 12th Grade students in the subjects of Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and electives. In addition to Time4Learning’s award-winning comprehensive curriculum, it also provides lesson plans and teaching tools for parents, as well as detailed reporting for easy record-keeping. Really, they have all the bases covered. Plus, Time4Learning can be used with different student types, learning styles and teaching methods and it can be used for homeschool, afterschool and/or summer use.
With Time4Learning, grade levels can be set independent from one another for each subject. In addition, elementary-middle school students can have access to at least 2 (and in most cases 3) grade levels of curriculum for each subject. This means they can move ahead or review at their own pace.
After using the product for about two weeks, I was really impressed with Time4Learnng for the following reasons –
- They soffer 3,000+ multimedia lessons, printable worksheets and graded activities. This includes K-Grade 3 Science lessons from Science4Us.com. Interested in seeing a Science4Us product review? You can – just click here.
- The multi-media lessons are educational AND entertaining, and the colorful graphics, are appealing.
- The program offers interactive, project-based activities – ones that kids really enjoy.
- Printable worksheets are available and are a plus (a change of pace is always nice).
- The scope and sequence is both thorough and challenging.
- The Toolkit which accompanies courses is very helpful. For instance, the Toolkit that accompanies a Geometry course includes a calculator, a conversion chart and 4 pages of postulates and theorems.
- As mentioned previously, students have access to up to 3 grade levels of lessons for elementary-middle school students (this is a HUGE). This means children can move up or down a grade level in any of their subjects = the program is easy to adapt.
- Students can review and repeat activities at will – this is great for the more difficult lessons, especially for high school subject matter.
- If a student wants to skip ahead to the quiz, s/he can do so. I appreciate this, as no one wants to waste time. A student-paced approach is always a plus.
- Immediate feedback is provided, which is great for correcting errors and misconceptions.
- Time4Learning provides a fun assortment of educational games – and you as the parent can determine how much time can be spent in/on “the playground”.
- Time4Learning provides lesson plans and teaching tools for parents (parents can preview lessons – and brush up when needed (when was the last time you multiplied fractions?)
- The parent’s forum allows parents to connect and ask questions of one another – which is a very nice bonus.
- There is an automated system that grades lessons and provides reports.
- The Parent Admin page is a breeze to use.
- Easy site navigation – your kids will have it down in no time!
- The Time4Learning Getting Started Guide is particularly useful for new members.
Time4Learning is certainly affordable – the monthly membership is $19.95 for the first child and $14.95 for each additional child (elementary-middle school) and $30.00 a month per child for high school. And the company offers a two week money back guarantee. Since Time4Learning is web based, there is no software to download, no CDs and nothing additional to purchase – so no hidden costs or fees.
I was curious as to whether other parents like Time4Learningas much as I do – and from reviews/comments on the internet – they do! In fact, many parents comment that they limit the time their kids can be on Time4Learning – as their kids really like Time4Learning and want to be on it all the time! Kids loving a curriculum so much, that’s all they want to do! Sign me up!