Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com - The #1 Homeschooling Community
| More

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

secular homeschool curriculum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yelenasmommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yelenasmommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: secular homeschool curriculum?
    Posted: 15/Dec/2011 at 11:08am
Hi...my name is Penny Merritt, and I am a "non-Christian" parent trying to find secular home schooling curricula as well.  I am trying to find something close to the PACES, and discovered through a little searching, a link: www.starlinepress.com.  I am having difficulty locating an appropriate curriculum for ABC'S 123'S etc...considering my daughter is a fast learner of concepts, but more of a slower pace when it comes to written media.  However, as far as teaching behavior and social skills, as well as many other positive character traits (because there IS a difference between personality and character), I teach my daughter The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.  It was many wonderful lessons, songs, and activities that you can teach your child, such as "Do not steal", "Respect", and many, many others.  If you would like more information on this program, you can visit www.characterconnection.net; www.peacefulsolution.org; or you can call 1-888-613-9494.  This truly is a great teaching tool for building a positive moral character in our youth.  Don't just take my word for it, though...thanks for allowing me to post.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic