Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Considering homeschooling next year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
runninmama3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runninmama3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering homeschooling next year
    Posted: 10/Dec/2012 at 3:10pm
I have a 9 year old and an 11 year old and we are considering home schooling next year. This is some thing I have been wanting to do and my husband has not. We have an older son who will be a senior next year but has informed us he doesn't wish to be home schooled and we are respecting that. All of my children are doing very well in school and we live in a great school district but I am growing more and more dissatisfied with the state mandated testing in Texas. I will disclose that I am a certified teacher but stopped teaching when my youngest was born. The issue I am running into is my husband is "ok" with me homeschooling for now but he believes the children need to go to high school. Any suggestions on what to do? I worry that if I do home school them and then have to put them back into the public school system they will not have the "test taking" skills that they are taught in the schools. As it is now they are all "A" students and enjoy school. I worry that maybe I am doing this for selfish reasons too.
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliemaejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Dec/2012 at 9:28pm
I can't think of any reason that wanting to teach your children at home would be "selfish." Smile

Sending children to school so they can learn test-taking skills doesn't seem like a great reason to me. Smile In fact, public education being what it is, I can't see a reason to send children to public school at all...but then, this is a homeschooling forum, so you might expect me to say that, lol.

But seriously, your children are still young enough that you don't have to make the high school decision yet. We can hope that by the time you do, your dh will be in agreement with you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic