Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When is it okay to stop reading together (daily)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purplegamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplegamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is it okay to stop reading together (daily)?
    Posted: 11/Dec/2012 at 3:29pm
My daughter is 5 (will be 6 in February) and reads at a 5th grade reading level.  We did the 100 Easy Lessons starting about 2 years ago, and I've had her reading out loud to me from various books every school day since.  She also reads a TON on her own.  She's been devouring Nancy Drew books, one or more a day.  Her reading ability has surpassed her vocabulary (and she has a good vocabulary, for a 5 year old!).  Anytime she's not doing what she's supposed to be working on, she can probably be found hiding in a corner with a book.  I'm wondering if at this point I can stop reading with her regularly, as that would save me a chunk of time (I also have two little boys, so every minute counts!).  Those of you who are veteran homeschoolers with older kids - when did you stop reading one-on-one with them regularly?   What reading level were they at?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic