Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com - The #1 Homeschooling Community
| More

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lifepacs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mommyloveof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommyloveof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifepacs
    Posted: 02/Dec/2005 at 3:21pm
HI All I was wondering, does anyone use Alpha&Omega Lifepacs, if so do you like them? Thanks in advance for any replies.
goldenduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Dec/2005 at 9:07am
I worked for the company that publishes Lifepacs. The basic idea is good but some of the subjects have a lot of flaws. The Spanish Lifepacs were discontinued because of the numerous errors. The company entered a partnership with PowerGlide and uses their print text now. I would not recommend PowerGlide. I found it to have errors and difficult on the high school level. The format is not interesting to students.
Sis293 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sis293 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Aug/2006 at 6:19am
Last year I purchased lifepac history and science for 2nd grade. My dd hated it...and so did I.

I didn't care for the format, and it was a little too much but not enough all in the same. Parts of it were overly easy and we didn't even finish them because they were soo boring.

Hope that helps :)
Wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Aug/2006 at 7:28am
This is our first year HSing and we are using AO LifePacs for Kindergarten
and 4th grade. We are enjoying them so far.   

Edited by Wendy
Deonna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Aug/2006 at 6:01pm
I used them for 1st and 2nd grades and was happy with them. 
kathym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Nov/2011 at 5:09am
I am using LifePac 9th grade  Language Arts and History & Geography  and Health, for my son.  He seems to be doing alright with them. I am new this year (4-5weeks ago new!)  to homeschooling so I was looking for something that will keep him busy without it being too frustrating for me. 
With his math I am using Saxon Algebra 1/2 (he should be in Algebra 1 However he is behind) For his Biology I am using Apologia.

I would have to say my son and I like the LifePac for some of the subjects.   
heidijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heidijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/Nov/2011 at 1:34pm
The Spectrum workbooks are also a good comprehensive program that is a lot cheaper. I have reviewed both these programs on my blog. Lifepacs have the Christian influence in them but Spectrum are to the point and a bit more enjoyable for students to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic