Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com - The #1 Homeschooling Community
| More

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFree Lesson Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellys3ps View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Lesson Plans
    Posted: 20/Feb/2007 at 10:43am

Here are some free lesson plans for the younger kids

http://homeschoolingk.blogspot.com/

Fran View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Dec/2007 at 12:32pm

You can also get some free writing lesson plans for 4-8 year-olds at:

www.ToTeachATeacher.com

Fran

CNBarnes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 6:52am
Hmmm. 

Both of these posts have the "smell of spam" in that they are both from very new posters who are advertising their own sites.  Otoh, both sites do indeed have free stuff.

Let's make sure "we're" here to actually DISCUSS homeschool issues and not just plug our own sites....
Fran View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 11:42am

Hmmm, Chris.

My site is not "spam," and its offer of free lesson plans has come about with great effort, time, and expense on my part.  Since this was a post to the topic of "free lesson plans," what is the problem?  I see other answers and suggestions on here touting commercial—definitely not free!—programs (i.e., Time4Learning, Sing, Spell, Read & Write) with no argument. The suggestion that I, as a newbie, have no right to refer parents to free lesson plans is rather narrow-minded. Please consider the benefits to the parents rather than a strict version of "protocol."  

Fran

www.ToTeachATeacher.com

Kimkat34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 8:21am

Hi Fran,

Chris is just doing a great job, as a moderator. There has been so many posts on here that were spam that he became a moderator. So, that may be why he mentioned it. It was really bad for awhile; I've never seen so much, and the mods started getting rid of it. So, please bear with us. There's a place to list your web page somewhere, on your profile.

Also, I have found in my experience, that if you are trying to tell someone about a resource you have found by starting a thread, people do not usually respond anyway.

Thank you.

Edited by Kimkat34
Fran View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 8:35am

Hi, Kimkat,

Thank you for your response.  I understand how difficult it must be to be a moderator as I've served that function myself, and perhaps past experience caused a knee-jerk reaction on Chris's part. I hope that my continued posts on homeschool.com will enable me to move out of the "newbie" category and allow more trust of my suggestions. 

Just so you know, I did not start the thread, only responded to it.

Thank you,

www.ToTeachATeacher.com

P.S. Kimkat, I do respond, primarily, to those seeking help with writing on both this and other sites. 

Edited by Fran
Kimkat34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 8:59am

Hi Fran,

Maybe you could look for someone who is asking for help with writing. That way you would be able to have a conversation with someone, and share your knowledge and wisdom with someone who is looking for it.

I suppose, though, it is fine to keep posting under topics that say "Free lesson plans", in hopes that someone who is looking for writing lessons will actually read your post, go to your website, sign up for your newsletter, wait for it to come to their e-mail, and then hope it's something they can use.

Edited by Kimkat34
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 9:32am

Originally posted by Fran Fran wrote:

I understand how difficult it must be to be a moderator as I've served that function myself, and perhaps past experience caused a knee-jerk reaction on Chris's part. 

Well, as a moderator here myself, I did not find Chris's reaction to be a "knee-jerk" one.

It would be nice if you posted here enough to become part of the community, but characterizing a moderator's response as "knee-jerk" isn't a great way to start.

This site has been relentlessly spammed, both by the obvious (shoes and cell phones) and the not-so-obvious ("I just found this great curriculum site!"). We are protecting our members, not unlike mother lions. Folks who appreciate that are more than welcome to stay.

Kimkat34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Dec/2007 at 8:08am

Thanks, Elliemaejune.

You are doing a great job. I usually just send a report(the button right next to the quote button) for any post I think is spam, even if it's obvious. Is that what we should do? Is there any other way we can help?

CNBarnes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Dec/2007 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Fran Fran wrote:

My site is not "spam," and its offer of free lesson plans has come about with great effort, time, and expense on my part.  Since this was a post to the topic of "free lesson plans," what is the problem?  I see other answers and suggestions on here touting commercial—definitely not free!—programs (i.e., Time4Learning, Sing, Spell, Read & Write) with no argument. The suggestion that I, as a newbie, have no right to refer parents to free lesson plans is rather narrow-minded. Please consider the benefits to the parents rather than a strict version of "protocol." 

If I had really thought it was spam, I would have deleted the post outright.

But keep in mind that this board is for the DISCUSSION of homeschooling issues.  That is why it exists.  That means we expect the people who are here - especially the ones who have something they sell on the side - to engage in the discussions.

Consider the fact that I think your post "had the smell of spam" to just be a gentle prodding...
Kimkat34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Dec/2007 at 12:32pm

Hey Chris,

That's so funny, because when you said the post had "the smell of spam", it made me think, "Okay, he doesn't think this is spam." and I went to the websites to see what they were.  You even said they were both indeed free. So, I just don't get how someone thought that was a knee-jerk reaction.Somethings are best left alone. Not to say I'm not continually trying to figure out how to get my foot out of my mouth(LOL).

I guess you don't have to be a homeschooler to post on here, however, it seems like those who are not just don't get it, do they?

Edited by Kimkat34
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Dec/2007 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Kimkat34 Kimkat34 wrote:

Thanks, Elliemaejune.

You are doing a great job. I usually just send a report(the button right next to the quote button) for any post I think is spam, even if it's obvious. Is that what we should do? Is there any other way we can help?

Yes, I think so.

Of course, it goes without saying (which begs the question of why I'm saying it!) that you should never, ever reply to spam.

Most of the time I am able to check in several times a day (one of the perks of being an empty-nester mom). However, I have been in Disneyland since last Tuesday, so I've just checked one or twice a day (imagine that--checking the Internet while one is visiting Disneyland!). I think the spam level has gone down now that several of us have been given The Power [*evil grin*]

htmama67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Dec/2007 at 11:24pm
I'm really glad that the spam is now under control. I stayed away for a while because it was such a hassle trying to find the threads that actually dealt with homeschooling. I've just recently come back & am thrilled that I don't have to search through tons of spam. Thank you, to all the moderators. You're doing a great job!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Dec/2007 at 5:14am

Originally posted by htmama67 htmama67 wrote:

I'm really glad that the spam is now under control. I stayed away for a while because it was such a hassle trying to find the threads that actually dealt with homeschooling. I've just recently come back & am thrilled that I don't have to search through tons of spam. Thank you, to all the moderators. You're doing a great job!

Our Christmas gift to you :-)

ukmum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Jan/2008 at 1:28pm
thats a helpful link,thankx xxx
Kimkat34 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Feb/2008 at 12:18pm

Hi Kelly,

I agree with ukmum; thanks for doing some fun lesson plans for little ones.

homemom4 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Jun/2008 at 4:03pm

Hi, like to suggest my free lesson plan that I start with my daugther a few weeks ago ,,, Is A Class Art , I hope every body start to look and enjoy  every week  new class .Please look my blogspot , is not spam is only  a free Elective class .

http://myhomeschoolidea4you.blogspot.com/

bdjlsmith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/Jul/2008 at 1:06pm

I have visited both of these websites. On Fran's I downloaded the E-book. I've only scanned through it, but I think it's nice for people new to this. I also went to kellyps blog spot. GREAT LINKS!!! I've read a lot on the homeschooling websites and her links have been some of the best so far.

I have emailed both, no spam and no viruses according to my Norton anti virus.

They both helped me, but thanks for the heads up about spammers and warning about online school scams.

Jessica

motherlylove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Aug/2008 at 12:02pm
On the subject of spam:

I noticed the absence of it myself after having been away from the forums for several months and greatly appreciate the effort that has been made!
comusher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jan/2009 at 1:55pm
Thank you everyone for sharing these lesson plan links. Finding this information can take up lots of time that I want to spend actually teaching.
maple View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Jul/2010 at 7:28am
ooh this thread is madly helpful..thank you :)
Ladybug2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Aug/2010 at 9:31am

I tried to go to that link and it would not let me see it ? hmmm is it just me or what lol I have been looking for samples on this for a few weeks now just so i will have a idea on how to do it !

CNBarnes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Aug/2010 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Ladybug2 Ladybug2 wrote:

I tried to go to that link and it would not let me see it ? hmmm is it just me or what lol I have been looking for samples on this for a few weeks now just so i will have a idea on how to do it !

Didn't work for me either.

The post with that link is 2 years old.  It's very likely that it isn't good anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic