Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHusband support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Annie A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Husband support
    Posted: 10/Jul/2007 at 9:41am
I am a seasoned home school mom and this past weekend was such an eye opener for me. I have been doing the majority of homeschooling with these kids and often in the beginning I would hound my hubby with comments like;"Why don't you help out with math? Try sitting down and reading with these guys. I do this that and the other thing. Why can't you just......whatever." All in all I have been giving off the vibe that I am so great, why can't he step up to the plate and be half as good. Any one that knows me always told me I was such a good wife and mother. But I have been critical and I have been guilty of pride in my life. As God shows me this I see where my husband got his feeling of "I just might as well not even try anymore." He then became the bad guy and though we had a reasonably happy life, it was not as it should have been. This weekend God used circumstances to show me that I have been guilty of the sin of pride and not submitting. I asked him to forgive me in front of the children and this broke open all kinds of things. The kids are mostly older and they all realized they had been looking at things from the same perspective as me. When we released him to be the person and the father he was meant to be it changed everything.
Every circumstance is different but this really spun me around. Its amazing how we can be out of God's will and blinded by the enemy.
victorianmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Jul/2007 at 12:09pm

Thank you for sharing your testimony...it was an eye opener, that I am guilty of too... and I am sure that there are many of us in the same situation.

Shari

Edited by victorianmom
Set-Apart View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Jul/2007 at 8:56pm

I'm dealing with this also.  Thanks for sharing.

God Bless!

scook63 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Jul/2007 at 5:11am
Annie....are you the same Annie from CWT?  OA by any chance?  I haven't logged onto CWT in ages, but if you are OA...you would know me from there as summerstorm.
Annie A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Jul/2007 at 7:03am
Hi scook 63

Probably not. What is CWT? I'm getting old.:) I'm also rusty on my internet lingo. We didn't have access to a computer for a while. I have seven kids, a daughter in law, and one grandbaby. God is keeping me on my toes!
scook63 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Aug/2007 at 7:45am

Annie,

CWT is Christian Women Today, it's a great forum and there is another Annie there with lots of kids, a homeschooling mom as well.  Your posts just seemed so similar, I just had to ask!

Annie A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Aug/2007 at 12:42pm
scook 63

I will have to try that forum. We finally got a second computer up and running with high speed so I can get on it without tying up the family business. September is fast approaching. I only have 3 to home school this year since 4 are done. I have a 16, a 9 and a 7 year old. I need to concentrate more on the younger one this year and the 16 year old is almost finished and works 2 jobs so it will be EASY this year. I might start some day care again. My husband is going to do some computer classes with the little guys and teach them to type. I always love anticipating a new year.

Edited by Annie A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic