Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKindergarden HS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryansmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kindergarden HS
    Posted: 12/Feb/2006 at 1:26pm
My husband accepted a job in another city (only two hours away) and we will be moving next week.  My 5 year old is in public K and I am concerned with the transition that there will be too much adjustments to put him in PS for just a few months.  I also thought this would be a good time to try out homeschooling.  My question is this, has anyone had children who are VERY outgoing and is the "class clown" and loves the attention from others so much that one on one he or she is very demanding on the parent?  My 5 year old son already wants to be a comedian and actor and is also a very talented artist.  He enjoys school but he enjoys being around the kids even more.  I have had two thoughts, exploring our new town will be educational and the talents he has we can concentrate on and nurture better from home. Does anyone have any experiences as to how a child like this will respond to home schooling?  Thank you for any thoughts you may have.
Tabz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/Feb/2006 at 10:30am

Actually two of the families I baby sat had a kid just like that. One of them, Anthony, actually DID act (when he was about 8) in a HBO movie. Both kids were homeschooled and did well.

I think the best thing to do is keep him involved in community activities (such as an acting class or something), but these kids actually do really well in homeschool enviroments - they just need to be kept in focus and possibly given small bursts of work, like "work on this for five minutes, then you can have a five minute break."

ryansmom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2006 at 8:24am
Thank you for the encouragement.  The five minute thing seems like a good idea with him. thanks
Tabz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/Feb/2006 at 10:15am

You're welcome! :)

Giving him small achievable goals seems to work really well.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic