Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLDS homeschool in different states

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladyinbayview View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: LDS homeschool in different states
    Posted: 18/Mar/2006 at 6:05pm
Hi everyone. Here in SE Houston, we have a LDS homeschool group called CTR Beacons of Light. Does anyone have a LDS homeschool group in their states/region/city? Anyone in Oklahoma? or where it snows in Central US? Please advise. Thanks. We're thinking of moving, and I want to make sure there is a great group where we move to. Thanks again in advance for all your replies.
Dianne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Mar/2006 at 7:04pm

There is an awesome group in Las Vegas, NV - so big that they subdivided into 4 smaller groups, with the one overseeing them.  It's called SHARE - look them up in Yahoo groups.  If you can't find them try putting the periods in  S.H.A.R.E.

I know there are more, again, try Yahoo groups and just type in homeschool + state (obviously the name of the state you want to look at).

I'm in Arizona, about an hour and a half south of Las Vegas.  We don't have a strictly LDS group here, but I am one of the moderators of a local homeschool group that is 70% LDS.  We don't get snow, though :(

Dianne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Mar/2006 at 7:06pm
Also, look up LDS-HEA - that's an LDS groups locator.
robdobsmom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/Jan/2007 at 1:19pm

I'm totally new to homeschooling and in fact probably won't be starting until the fall of 2007.  In my ward there is another mother who justed started homeschooling but I don't know of a group of LDS homeschoolers.  I'm still trying to figure out curriculum and just the basics - but how do you start a homeschool group?

Oh and by the way I am in Mustang, Oklahoma really a great place.  It does snow here and we have ice storms but not every year.

Giovannizero View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Aug/2007 at 12:37pm
If you're looking at specific cities you can always contact the local stake president or bishop to ask if they know of any home school groups. Chances are they won't but will know who to point you to.

To find the phone number goto mormon.org and use the "worship with us" link to find local buildings anywhere in the world :)

UPDATE: After doing a little google work I found a good resource for homeschooling laws in the US. You may want to screen these before you decide to move to a state so that you know what to expect.

http://heritagehomeschool.com/homeschoollaws.htm

UPDATE: I found another place with good information

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

Does anybody else know any good resources for this?

Edited by Giovannizero
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic