Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com - The #1 Homeschooling Community
| More

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat will they miss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akela184 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What will they miss?
    Posted: 17/Mar/2008 at 3:09pm

On reflecting of MY ps years, I think back to all the 'fun' I had.  I was on the yearbook staff, had 4 yrs of ROTC <Reserved Officers Training Corps> and help many positions in that class including Drill Team Commander, I was on the flag squad, German Honors Club, etc.  It got me to thinking, I can't possibly give my dc THAT interaction/leadership/overall 'fun" hs'ing.  Sure there were the cliques that I'm glad my kiddos won't have to deal w/ and all the other 'junk' that is picked up in ps.  But not all of it was bad for me... <I know different time/place> but for all the 'fun' things that you were able to do in ps HOW do you give that to your kids when you homeschool?  What about yearbooks, and dances, etc? <Ok the yearbook thing is kinda easy by making a scrapbook each year, but it isn't quite the same>...

Sorry, I don't really know where I'm going w/ this.  The things I will miss FOR them isn't something that is going to have me put them back in ps but still....

CNBarnes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Mar/2008 at 12:09pm
What makes you think you can't have a homeschool yearbook?   Or have homeschool dances?   Or a drill team?    etc....

The homeschoolers in our community do all of those things.
http://www.triumphhomeschool.org/calendar

PS: I don't think I live that far from you (i'm in Bryan/College Station).  I am willing to help you become the driving force that creates all of those things for your community (assuming they don't already exist).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic