Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dress code???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justcardi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justcardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dress code???
    Posted: 22/Aug/2008 at 5:50am

Okay, what do you wear to soccer practice?  My daughter takes soccer with the local public school and she wears a pair of sporty shorts and a very modest tank top.  I thought this was appropriate.  I picked it out.  She was comfortable and the only thing that it revealed that her tshirts didn't were her shoulders.  Oops!  Anyway, kids are not to wear tank tops to school.  It's against policy and apparently participation in sports or physed is no exception.  I just wonder what the swim team wears to practice.

Take care,

Cardella

Retrac'sMom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retrac'sMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Aug/2008 at 7:02pm
lol @ swimteam... perhaps they wear wet suits?
McHub532 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHub532 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 11:38am

Here is a picture of my daughter's swimsuit when she was on the public school swim team.  She was going to a private Christian school at the time of this picture and we are only now moving into homeschooling this fall (Grade 5).

ladyemily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyemily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Jul/2009 at 9:44am
No tank tops - strange rule!

Lovely pic McHub532!
AndreaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Feb/2010 at 5:38am

This is pretty funny, since I am quite conservative in what I would consider appropriate dress for a child and I wouldn't give a second thought to allowing a child to wear a tank.

(sorry, I am new and don't know how old your daughter is)

However, my brother's children attend public school and they ran into an issue of girls wearing the noodle strap shirts (tended to be thinner and more revealing). Then came the arguement of what is noodle and what is tank? How wide do the over the shoulders have to be?

The school finally just said "sleeves!".

kimmstreep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmstreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Jul/2012 at 6:32am
Only way to found out our team...Smile
Dressing code is the part of all teams due to codes we recognized easily.My Niece in Football team and club choose the best alternative dress code which's really different to others.
highergroundhome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highergroundhome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Jun/2014 at 12:13pm
Call the school and ask for a copy of the dress code or see if it is posted on line for the district in the handbook for the school you are doing this at.   In a way the school is the one that dropped the ball if they didn't issue this information to you ahead of time.
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliemaejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by highergroundhome highergroundhome wrote:

Call the school and ask for a copy of the dress code or see if it is posted on line for the district in the handbook for the school you are doing this at.   In a way the school is the one that dropped the ball if they didn't issue this information to you ahead of time.

You realize that this thread is four years old. :-)

Edited by elliemaejune - 09/Jul/2014 at 5:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic