Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time4Learning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Olive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Nov/2012 at 1:36pm
I know this is an old topic, but maybe someone will see this and respond. Does anyone know when (what grade level, rather) the reports are available? I just started the program a couple days ago with my son and it says they are not available for pre-K. I am hoping they become available for Kindergarten. I do see a list of completed areas he's done, though, so I may just print that page. I know records for Pre-K are probably not important but I just thought I'd like to keep something as a reference. I think the detailed reports for the older grades show amount of time on site for each session, etc. Right now I haven't done a good job of tracking how many minutes we were on the site as our session got interrupted and we logged off and back on without checking the clock. It would be nice to see that information if it's included in future grades.
Olive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Nov/2012 at 1:38pm
Just to clarify up there I meant session got interrupted because Dad came home for lunch lol not anything to do with the site
M. Puckett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M. Puckett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Dec/2012 at 8:39pm
I know this thread is old, but I just signed up to ask a question about this program. I might have missed the answers somewhere in the thread and if so I apologize. I don't know exactly how home schooling works. I'm wondering if you have to have an "approved" program for it to be legal or if this program would work? Like, if I told the school board or whoever this is what I want my children in would it be enough?
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote elliemaejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/Dec/2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by M. Puckett M. Puckett wrote:

I know this thread is old, but I just signed up to ask a question about this program. I might have missed the answers somewhere in the thread and if so I apologize. I don't know exactly how home schooling works. I'm wondering if you have to have an "approved" program for it to be legal or if this program would work? Like, if I told the school board or whoever this is what I want my children in would it be enough?

It depends on the laws in the state you live in. For example, in states like Texas, California, Michigan, and New Jersey, you don't have to tell anyone what you're using to teach your children. In some states, it might have to be approved. I have not used Time4Learning or reviewed it in depth, so I'm not sure how comprehensive it is such that using it exclusively would be enough, or if it would be more supplemental.

You can check on the laws in your state at hslda.org/laws.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic