Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedATI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doubleangel935 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATI
    Posted: 30/May/2010 at 2:13pm
I'm thinking aout using ATI for my kids. anyone who has used it that has anything to say about it, please message me. i need to collect opinions.
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2010 at 3:05pm
Academically, ATI looks very good. However, my dh and I were not willing to make the lifestyle changes ATI required. We also don't agree with everything Gothard/IBLC teaches.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2010 at 5:50pm
what sort of life changes did it require? my family and i are kind of blank canvases as for homeschooling, well kind of everything right now, so i'm sure we can accomodate it. hopefully.
elliemaejune View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2010 at 7:00am

It isn't homeschooling changes; it's *family* changes.

Have you read anything about Bill Gothard? You might want to do an Internet search on him.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2010 at 8:04am
o. ok.
HistoryMom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2010 at 11:39am

You might say it is extreme conservative Christian. It has been a while since I had much exposure but I would be surprised if it had changed much. Unless your family fits in with the lifestyle restrictions that they teach, you will be uncomfortable at the seminars. These are things like no debt for any reason (including home mortgage), dietary restrictions from the Old Testament, banning of modern music including Contempory Christian, no use of birth control (and a low view of marital relations in general), strict courtship, etc. For families who do agree with the teachings (i have had friends involved), there is a lot of support which is often very appreciated as they tend to be on the fringes of a church due to the strictness.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2010 at 5:26pm
yea. my husband and i agree with some of the stuff (he's a metalhead, so obviously the music is out) lol. but are the ppl receptive toward the ppls who aren't as strict as they are?  did you have your kids in it? what did they think of it? what did you think of it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic