At Oaks Christian Online School, high school students study college preparatory courses at home, at their own pace, and with a flexible schedule. Students work one-on-one with engaging, committed Christian teachers, enjoy a wide selection of college preparatory, honors, and AP courses, as well as four years of college counseling and spiritual life activities. Students earn an Oaks Christian Online high school diploma and receive a transcript that reflects the excellent reputation of Oaks Christian School.
||“The best part of my online school experience at Oaks Christian is the flexible schedule. It allows me to spend concentrated time on schoolwork and still pursue outside activities and passions.”
Kylie W., Oaks Christian Online School Student, Westlake Village, CA
At this time of year parents are beginning to think about summer school and fall enrollment for their children. Oaks Christian Online School has become “home” to many homeschoolers. They offer over 70, NCAA approved, University of California approved, college preparatory classes, honors, and AP summer school classes and at the present time are accepting applications and enrolling full-time students for Fall 2016.
Oaks Christian Online School stands apart from other schools in that:
- They’re Christ-Centered in everything they do, say and teach.
- They teach and lead from Biblical truth, equipping students accordingly.
- All of their courses have been reviewed for Biblical integration opportunities.
- All of their courses are taught by Christian teachers.
- They embrace every OCO student with the welcoming love of Jesus Christ, inviting and encouraging all students towards spiritual growth through dynamically integrated programs, activities and curriculum.
- Prayer is incorporated into the life of the school.
In addition, Oaks Christian Online School emphasizes:
- Excellence & Achievement — they believe that excellence honors God and inspires people, thus they prepare students to achieve at their highest potential.
- Character & Citizenship — they believe honorable character and citizenship are the responsibilities of OCO students and a lofty aspiration for their futures.
- Future Leadership — they prepare OCO students to be equipped with the mental, physical, social and spiritual competencies necessary to become humble stewards of their God-given gifts and talents.
- College Preparatory, Honors and AP courses — they require thorough preparation and consistent execution in all schoolwork and OCO activities and assignments.
- A Nurturing Environment — while the coursework is rigorous and challenging, every student experiences the love of God and the importance of being one of His children.
- A Mind for Leadership and a Heart for Service — their spiritual life program is an important element of the Oaks Online experience, addressing the whole student–not simply the mind, but the heart as well. While completing 20 hours of community service per year, students are guided through a socially-interactive course that focuses on their Bible curriculum for that year, chapels and more.
- Lifelong Learning — comprehensive knowledge and critical thought will become hallmarks of the well-read and confident alumni of OCOS, who develop knowledge, wisdom, and conversational intelligence that go well beyond high test scores and grade point averages.
Students considering full-time and part-time online options for the summer or for next year can hear more about the programs at Oaks Christian Online School School by attending an Information Session. The next Virtual Information Sessions will be on the following Tuesdays: March 22, April 5, April 19, May 10, May 24, June 7 and June 21st at 9 am and 6:30 pm (Pacific Standard Time). The next on-campus Information Sessions will be on the following Saturdays: April 16th and June 18th from 1-3 p.m. Meet current online students, teachers, and members of the admissions team to find out more about Oaks Christian Online School. You can learn more by clicking here or emailing [email protected]. They look forward to seeing you!