|Many children and adults struggle with problems related to reading, spelling, and language comprehension. Factor in diagnoses like dyslexia, attention deficit disorder, auditory processing disorder, hyperlexia, and autism, and it can be difficult to know where to turn for the right educational assistance.
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes provides effective, results based assistance individuals need. That’s because Lindamood-Bell’s research-validated instruction is based on a theory of cognition that addresses the global learning needs of all individuals.
“Our unique instruction and one-to-one setting allows for great growth, and this environment also nurtures each student’s self-esteem and confidence,” explains Kindle Smyth, Regional Director of Learning Centers. “It is our goal that all of our students become independent, self-correcting learners in all aspects of their lives.”
What are the notable differences between Lindamood-Bell® and other tutoring services that provide learning assistance? They include–
- Lindamood-Bell® has 25 years of award winning experience.
- In their 25 years, Lindamood-Bell® has helped over 100,000 students of all ages.
- Lindamood-Bell understands that in order to provide the appropriate instruction for each individual, a learning profile is necessary. This is accomplished with a comprehensive battery of assessments. This learning evaluation is analyzed and a consultation is then held to explain the individual’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as a plan for instruction. Each instructional plan is tailored to the specific learning needs of the individual and embodies an interactive, balanced approach.
- Lindamood-Bell’s reading programs are based on the knowledge that language and literacy skills are cognitive acts. Because of this, instruction is based on a theory of cognition rather than reading methods or strategies.
- Their math program is A Visualizing and Verbalizing® Math Program. It stimulates the ability to image and verbalize the concepts underlying math processes. Concept and Numeral imagery are integrated with language and applied to math computation and problem solving.
- Lindamood-Bell® recommends intensive instruction, which consists of approximately two to four hours per day, five days per week. “Our average results with intensive instruction may see two to three years’ growth in as little as six to eight weeks,” Smyth says.
- Lindamood-Bell® has donated over $5,000,000 for educational research projects.
- They have awarded over $2,000,000 in scholarships to students in need.
Read about Lindamood-Bell’s successful summer reading program. Summer is almost here–what are you going to do to prevent brain drain? For additional success stories click here.
With over 50 Learning Centers across the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, there is probably a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Center near you. In addition, several Seasonal Learning Clinics are opening this summer. You can find more information about each of these centers and Lindamood Bell Learning Processes online at www.lindamoodbell.com.