The Oaks Christian Online School summer term will allow for students to take one (1) semester of a course within the 9-week session. The term begins on June 9, 2017 and ends on August 5, 2017. All courses are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), UC, system, the NCAA, as well as the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). Many students will use this term to remediate a semester that they are in need of retaking, to get ahead in their high school courses, or to free up their schedules. Students can take the first semester of a course, then work with the OCO staff to determine if they will take the second semester in the fall, or in the spring.
To view more information about OCO courses and a list of courses offered, visit the Course Catalog page.
About OCO Summer Term and Courses:
- Students and teachers meet once a week in the online classroom to discuss the curriculum pertaining to that week
- Due dates are on Fridays in response to the pace chart determined at the beginning of the term
- The summer term is 9 weeks which is condensing a typical 18-week semester
- Finals are proctored either in-person or online
- All Science courses require a lab component that is either done on-campus or in an approved environment
Students Benefit From:
- Engaging and interactive weekly live session
- Theological engagement with faculty and staff and one another
- Classes offered via the open-source learning management system, Canvas
- Cloud-based software that provides the platform for high quality online courses
- Meaningful student-to-student and student-to-teacher interactions
Helpful Pages on the OCO Site: FAQ, Tuition, Accreditation, Course Catalog
Established in 2011, OCO High School provides a rigorous, NCAA approved, college-preparatory education for high school and middle school students all around the world in a Christian environment. OCO Admissions frequently hosts online information sessions. For more information on dates and who to contact, visit the Information Session page. Both blended and fully online programs are available. OCO offers a competitive tuition rate of $7,995 per year for full-time students.
OCO is the founding school of the Online Christian Consortium (OCC), a leadership organization of schools committed to theologically engaged, college-preparatory, accredited, online programs. The organization’s vision is that its courses provide an education that uplifts, transforms and inspires students around the world. For more information on The Online Christian Consortium, please visit: http://onlinechristianconsortium.org.