Below are a few tips we’ve put together that will help you ease into the new homeschool year, whether you are a novice or a seasoned pro.
- Switching things up? Are you starting a new curriculum or just changing your overall method of operation? Make the transition a bit easier and more manageable by starting a few weeks early.
- Take it easy! Try not to stress when things don’t go as planned. Didn’t get to everything on your schedule or lesson plans for the day? It’s ok!
- Talk it out. Do you notice a change in your child’s behavior or attitude towards homeschooling? Ask your child questions and find out why they feel the way they do. Hear them out and be ready to offer advice and reassurance. Maybe it’s time for a change.
- Make it fun! Who says you have to spend your day learning at home? Does your child have a particular passion? Head to a baseball game or ballet recital. Feed their interests and dreams, and make these opportunities a chance to learn something new.
- Get involved. If your child is part of a homeschool group or starting a new one, make time to volunteer or help out in any way you can. Not only will this help you meet other like-minded families, it will also make your child feel at ease knowing mom or dad is helping out and is part of the same group too.
|While homeschooling may take some trial and error, you’ll soon discover what works for your family. Be it curriculum, schedule, or how to stay organized and keep a portfolio, Time4Learning can help during this exciting homeschooling journey.
Sign up or reactivate today and choose one of two gifts:
You can choose either a free copy of the “Homeschooling and Loving It” book or one free month of a VocabularySpellingCity Premium Membership.*
*This offer expires September 30, 2015 at 11:59 pm EDT or while supplies last, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Regular monthly pricing will apply after the first month. Regular cost per student is $19.95/mo for the first PreK-8th grade student, with $14.95/mo per each additional PreK-8th grade student, and $30/mo per High School student. Membership must be continued for 15 days or more in order to receive a free VocabularySpellingCity Premium Membership OR a free printed copy of “Homeschooling and Loving It.” VocabularySpellingCity membership is valid for up to 5 family members on one account, for one month. When choosing your free gift, please keep in mind that “Homeschooling and Loving It” is only available to members in the continental U.S., excluding military installations. After you have been a Time4Learning member for 15 days, you will be emailed instructions to claim your chosen gift.