Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, “I have no special gift, I am only passionately curious”.
Children seem to be born with a natural inquisitiveness and a natural sense of wonder. As parents, we should encourage their curiosity.
How to do we encourage curiosity?
- We do not overburden our children with too many rules
- We give them learning opportunities that have multiple paths to the ultimate outcome
- Likewise, we engineer learning opportunities that have multiple outcomes
- We accept their efforts without judging the specific results
- We allow them to pursue their interests as well as subjects the world deems necessary
- We remain open to all of their possibilities–accepting who they are….and not trying to change them
Perhaps we can raise our own little Einsteins!
Remember–fun learning is forever learning!