I have been in contact with many skating rinks throughout the United States, and many have homeschool skate times and/or homeschool PE classes.
Following, are just a few reasons why roller skating is a beneficial activity–
- Roller skating is a great form of exercise that kids of all ages can enjoy.
- Roller skating provides a complete aerobic workout and involves all of the body’s muscles, especially the heart.
- Roller skating is the equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits.
- Roller skating burns 350 calories an hour (at 6 miles per hour).
- Roller skating provides kids with opportunities for social interaction.
- Roller skating centers offer safe, drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free fun in a clean, wholesome, supervised environment.
So check out the roller rinks near you! Quite a few rinks have recently placed listings on our Local Homeschooling pages.
And remember, fun learning is forever learning!