In keeping with New Year’s resolutions–and the creation of novel homeschool opportunities–what fun and interesting things are happening in your area in 2011? To find out, check with your local museums, bowling alleys, skating rinks, playhouses, etc. Many organizations have added homeschool classes to their yearly offerings!
- The Schoolhouse Children’s Museum and Learning Center in Florida has a class in mid January called Uncovering the Everglades–which includes a pontoon boat excursion to Lake Okeechobee.
- The French A La Carte School of French in Connecticut offers in-person and online customizable French instruction for grades K-12. Parlez-vous Francais?
- Many fencing clubs offer classes to kids as young as 5 years old (and yes–they are safe). Did you know that numerous colleges offer fencing scholarships? We have quite a few fencing clubs listed on our local homeschooling support pages….ones in New Mexico, California, New Jersey, New York and Louisiana.
- Vinita’s Sewing School in Cerritos, California offers classes for budding fashion designers…and for first time sewers as well!
- The Illinois Amish Museum offers a Meal in an Amish Home tour, a Buggy Shop tour, and much, much more. Amish unit curriculum is available.
What fun new things are offered in your area? Check them out–because fun learning is forever learning!