The Trust in Learning 2011 conference will be held February 11 and February 12 at the Shenandoah Baptist Church in Cedar Park, Texas. This is a not-for-profit, non-faith affiliated conference and all homeschoolers are invited. For more information, please visit their website, http://trustinlearning.info/.
Speakers will address:
- How being a family is different from being a school
- How children learn naturally through play
- How the drive for learning changes through different developmental stages
- How to live less coercively and make room for more internal motivation
- How to negotiate collaboratively between the different needs and preferences within a family
- How to successfully carry trust in the natural learning process through the middle and high school years
In addition the conference will offer:
- An Enrichment Fair where families can connect with vendors who offer services for Austin-area homeschoolers
- A discussion group just for homeschoolers
- A Q&A panel with speakers and experienced homeschoolers that will answer questions from the conference
And remember–fun learning is forever learning!