Rebecca Kochenderfer, the founder of Homeschool.com recently gave a radio interview for a Chicago station, in which she discussed Things You Might Not Know About Homeschooling. These Things are really interesting and I’d like to share them with you–
THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING–
- Odds are, at least one of your grandchildren will be homeschooled.
· There are now more homeschoolers in this country than there are Catholic school students.
· Homeschooling is the fastest growing trend in education, growing at about 15% a year
- “Socialization” is one of the advantages of homeschooling, not a disadvantage.
· More time to develop their talents and interests.
· The biggest disadvantage, according to a recent Homeschool.com survey, is “financial.”
- It takes only about 1-4 hours a day to homeschool your child.
- There are lots of different ways to homeschool.
· Independent Study Programs, Charter Schools, Private Schools, Waldorf, Montessori, etc.
· The method with the highest burnout rate is the school-at-home approach.
- In the future, people are going to be homeschooling their way through college!
· Umbrella Colleges, like Thomas Jefferson University in New Jersey, let students custom design their college education.
Fun! And fun learning is forever learning.