Want another reason to homeschool?
Upper elementary and middle school education is a defining factor in our children’s education. A national study by the college entrance exam firm ACT reports—
- Students’ academic readiness for college and career can be improved when students develop behaviors in the upper elementary grades and in middle school that are known to contribute to successful academic performance
- The level of academic achievement that students attain by eighth grade has a larger impact on their college and career readiness by the time they graduate from high school than anything that happens academically in high school
The ACT study goes on to reveal the following:
- Only 20% of high school grads that were tested were ready for entry-level college courses in biology, social science, English composition and college algebra.
- Less than 20% of tested eighth graders were on target to be college-ready by the time they graduate.
- Only 60% of middle and high school students described their curriculum as college preparatory.
Wow—another reason to homeschool!