Founded by homeschooling parents, EDUSS is a world-wide company that teaches English, Phonics, and Mathematics to students in a home setting. It’s presently used in more than 26,000 households and is a very thorough and cost-effective product. When I spoke with the founder of the company, I was impressed with the enthusiasm and the passion he has for his company, education, and homeschooling in general.
In regards to how thorough the program is, EDUSS provides the following–
- The EDUSS curriculum Knowledge Web: EDUSS provides your children with the comprehensive curriculum to assess and design an individualized learning plan based on their individual needs. The curriculum also allows you the ability to accelerate your children if you desire to do so.
- Gap Scan Technology: The EDUSS Gap Scan Technology is the intelligent multi-dimensional assessment engine that has the ability to not only identify your child’s level of knowledge but also their foundational level of understanding.
- Automated Differentiated Diagnostic Assessment: Most often, learning gaps only become evident sometime after they occur. The EDUSS diagnostic assessment is designed to search for and identify these learning gaps by using the Gap Scan Technology, even if they occurred earlier in your child’s learning career. This forms the basis for the individualized learning plan for your student.
- Gap Recovery Plan: On the basis of information gleaned in the comprehensive diagnostic assessment, the Solution generates a learning plan that is specifically designed to meet the individual child’s needs. It is not a one size fits all.
- Personal Instructor: The personal instruction module of the Solution provides fully narrated step-by-step instruction in any topic of need to the student. Because different students learn differently, EDUSS has been careful to design this instructional module to meet the needs of different learning styles.
- Student Management System: The EDUSS Student Manager System provides real-time monitoring and mapping through one integrated reporting interface making it easy for you to track and monitor the activity of each of your children individually. Real time information helps you make instructional decisions and/or adjustments. Complete reports are available at any time for every component of your child’s learning.
- World-wide standards: Yes, world-wide standards, not just U.S. standards.
- Capability of putting EDUSS on your hard-drive: Perfect for homeschoolers on the road, or those in remote areas.
- Back-up from the EDUSS support team as well as ongoing updates: Support is always good!
- Plus, a real-world reward program is coming soon.
In regards to the cost, EDUSS provides all of the above for a minimum monthly subscription of $29.95. That’s for the entire family!
Thorough and affordable!