$19.95 for the first child and $14.95 for each additional child
Time4Learning offers online, standards-based curriculum in Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies for Pre-K–8th grade students. Time4Learning can be used with different student types, learning styles and teaching methods and it can be used for homeschool, afterschool and/or summer use–as a primarily stand-alone or supplementary tool.
After using the product for about two weeks–I have to say (write) — the benefits of Time4Learnng are MANY–
- 1,000+ student-paced multimedia activities (so much for the kids to do)
- The scope and sequence is both thorough and challenging (including Language Arts–Phonics — Reading)
- Multi-media lessons are educational AND entertaining (fun, quirky characters)
- Interactive, project-based activities–kids really enjoy them
- Printable worksheets are a plus (change of pace is always good)
- A student-paced approach
- Access to 3 grade levels of lessons (this is a HUGE). Children can move up or down a grade level in any of their subjects, so the program is easy to adapt
- Students can review and repeat activities at will–great for the more difficult lessons
- If a student wants to skip ahead to the quiz, s/he can do so (again, very important)
- Every student has a Time4Learning portfolio and the Parent Admin page allows you, the parent, to view your student’s records.
- Since kids can personalize their home page in regards to color, it was easy as a parent to know exactly whose page I was on–just by the color alone!
- Immediate feedback–which is great for correcting errors and misconceptions
- An automated system that grades lessons and keeps reports and portfolios
- Lesson plans & teaching tools for parents (parents can preview lessons–and brush up when needed (when was the last time you multiplied fractions?)
- The parent’s forum allows parents to connect and ask questions of one another–which is a very nice bonus
- Time4Learning offers a list of spelling words and a reading list by grade–a nice extra
- I also enjoyed the opportunity to see students’ artwork
- A fun assortment of educational games can be found on the site–and you as the parent can determine how much time can be spent in/on “the playground”
- Easy site navigation–your kids will have it down in no time! And the Time4Learning Getting Started Guide is particularly useful for new members.
Time4Learning is certainly affordable–the monthly membership is $19.95 for the first child and $14.95 for each additional child–and it comes with a two week money back guarantee. Since Time4Learning is web based (their program is most compatible with the Firefox browser), there is no software to download, no CDs and nothing additional to purchase–no hidden costs or fees.
I was curious as to whether other parents like Time4Learning as much as I do–and from reviews/comments on the Internet–they do! In fact, many parents comment that they limit the time their kids can be on Time4Learning — as their kids really like Time4Learning and want to be on it all the time! Kids loving a curriculum so much, that’s all they want to do! What more could you ask for!