20 Fun Winter Activities for Kids
Winter days can feel short and long all at the same time and finding fun things to do to fill the time can be tough. But there are some great winter activities that everyone in your family can enjoy. So if you’re looking for winter activities that are a blast for you and your kids, here is a list of 20 favorite things that are best done on a cold winter’s day!
- Have a snowball fight
- Make ice marbles
- Build a snowman
- Grow your own snowflake
- Catch snowflakes on your tongue
- Make a snow angel
- Make Marshmallow tinkertoys
- Collect pine cones
- Feed the birds
- Make paper snowflakes
- Have a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup
- Follow tracks in the snow
- Bake cookies and share them with friends
- Make snow cream
- Read a favorite book
- Take a bubble bath
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle
- Celebrate the shorter day sof the year!
- Donate a gently used toy to a charity
- Mail a handwritten card to a friend
Donna Lasinski is a mother of 3 sons and the author of the Parent Guide to Summer and creator of ThinkStretch Summer Learning Program. ThinkStretch.com also offers winter materials to prevent “brain freeze”.