Brightstorm–Study Faster. Get Better Grades.
Brightstorm is a great online resource for homeschooling older kids. The website offers:
- Over 3,500 video lessons in math, science, English, and test prep
- The videos are mobile-friendly so kids can study from their smartphone or tablet (very convenient!)
- The instructors are educated, with master’s degrees and higher. Plus, they’re likable and relatable (always a plus!).
- The videos are interesting–I enjoyed watching them—they were not tedious or boring. And best of all—I felt I was learning something important!
- Flexibility– you can use Brightstorm to teach your child an entire subject or you can use their videos as help to explain difficult concepts
- Kids can find a study help video easily. They can search
– by topic name
– by search word
– by textbook page (this is really cool!)
With Brightstorm, students can find help in the following subjects—
- Test Prep
I did watch a variety of videos in the above subjects. The Order of Operations videos were very helpful, the Physics lesson on Unit Systems was as well, and I learned that there are three classes of zeroes in Significant Figures (I didn’t know this…or if I did, I had forgotten this fact entirely). The PSAT info was especially informative, and would be helpful to any student getting ready to take the test.
You can become a Brightstorm member for as little as $14.99 a month when you subscribe for the year—so it is affordable. You can also choose the flexibility to subscribe on a month-to-month basis for $29.99/month.