This is a guest blog post from Forbes Music
Ready for Summer?
After a long winter, we are all excited to soak up some sun and enjoy the outdoors. But it won’t be long before the sweltering heat drives us back inside. And I’m sure you’ve heard “I’m bored.” or “There’s nothing good on TV.” That’s where our Forbes Music Teachers come to the rescue! Give the kids (or yourself) something to keep busy all summer long.
Why Take Summer Lessons?
- Try something new
- Music lessons not only keep their minds sharp over the summer, it’s also a great time to try something new. It could be a new instrument or a new style of music.
- Fewer distractions
- With fewer distractions than the regular school year, summer is a wonderful time to focus on your instrument. Music teachers can provide inspiration and cultivate motivation with challenging yet fun pieces for any age or skill level.
- Flexible scheduling
- Forbes Music offers many scheduling options from ad-hoc (scheduling one lesson at a time) to our summer packages (check them out below!)
- No need to review in the fall
- Taking a little time off and exploring the world is not only fun, it’s necessary. But taking too much time off means a fair amount of review time in the fall. Even a few lessons over the summer helps keep everything fresh so you can hit the ground running in the fall.
- Keep your muscle tone!
- Remember being a musician is a physical activity! It not only takes coordination, it takes strengthening our fingers, bodies, and for wind instruments and singers, our breath. Athletes train during the off-season. Shouldn’t you?
Check out Our Summer Lesson Packages
|Summer Lesson Packages||Registration Fee**||Bonus Discount|
|Four (4) lessons||$25||—|
|Six (6) lessons||Waived!||5%|
|Eight (8) lessons||Waived!||10%|
**Registration fee ($25) applies to all families new to Forbes Music Company.
Contact Forbes Music for pricing details!
The Fine Print:
- 2016 Summer lesson packages expire August 31st, 2016 (All lessons must be completed prior to this date).
- Materials (books, instruments, etc.) are not included.
- $25 one time registration is assessed once per household.
- Scheduling is done on a first come, first served basis and is subject to teacher availability.