Have you heard of Explore Local Box?
Explore Local Box is a monthly subscription service that sends informational and fun boxes about different cities in the United States. Boxes contain locally made products and food items – all made by local artisans/small businesses.
Explore Local Box offers an Explore with kids! add-on to pique your children’s interest in the city that is being explored. A book, an activity book, or even a local toy geared towards children 4-10 years old is included with the add-on.
You can order any available box, and new boxes are added monthly. Want to make a suggestion? You can e-mail the company and let them know what city you would like them to explore in the near future.
Below, is a picture of the Boston box. I’m already wondering what those caramels taste like!
What we received
We received the Nashville box. It contained informational cards about the city, Prohibition Popcorn (a little whiskey hidden in every batch), sea salt and buttermilk biscuit mix (I can’t wait to whip a batch up!), Tru Bee honey sticks, beeswax lip balm (because everybody’s got lips), coloring/note cards and envelopes, an artistic print of the city (it’s worth framing –it’s lovely!), and Walk the Lime handmade soap (it smells SO good!) – all in a sturdy/attractive box, with lime green confetti paper (as pictured above).
It was fun to receive the box, and I really liked the following:
- The box lets you explore cities around the United States – without leaving your home!
- OK – I admit it, I enjoy seeing a box at my door/getting stuff in the mail! And with a monthly subscription, you have something to look forward to at the beginning of the month (right about the time you’re writing checks/paying bills!).
- I like seeing and trying new things/products I’ve never heard of before. Who knew there was whiskey popcorn?!?
- The items are of good quality – all made by local artisans – I may order the soap. I like supporting small/local businesses.
- Also, I like the kid option.
- This would be a fun present to give someone that just moved to an area, or is about to travel to a particular city.