Homeschool for Free: ScienceJuly 23, 2018
Believe it or not, science is a pretty hot topic amongst homeschoolers! It’s incredibly important to determine your worldview on things such as evolution, creation, and other scientific topics before purchasing a curriculum. While it is possible to teach science for free, you’ll need to decide where you stand on the aforementioned divisions and keep that in mind as you wade through available materials.
Teaching Science for Free
With all that’s required to thoroughly cover science, you may (understandably) expect it to cost quite a bit. Believe it or not, there are plenty of resources available that enable you to cover your science classes at no cost!
- On Alison’s website, you’ll find several free high school science courses – from the basic level to advanced/AP level courses.
- For younger students, Head Start offers Marvelous Explorations Through Science and Stories (or MESS). This PreK-Kindergarten science is perfect for little ones to begin learning about the world around them.
- Guest Hollow’s Biology is a free, online, comprehensive, Christian biology curriculum for your high-schooler.
- If you’re looking for a free classic science curriculum for your elementary student, Mr. Q’s Classic Science may fit the bill. Using downloadable work textbooks, this program also includes a free parent version.
- Toward a Sustainable Agriculture, a curriculum for high school students developed by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems, uses 5 sections to cover sustainable agriculture, field crops, animals, horticulture, and organic agriculture.
- ACS Chemistry for Life is a free, downloadable middle school Chemistry curriculum.
- YAPA Kids provide free, live online classes for grades 1-8, and they are taught by qualified high school students.
- Mystery Science is a science curriculum for grades 1-5. Though they require a paid membership, they are offering free access for a year.
- If you’re looking to supplement your science curriculum with other sources or experiments, be sure to check out one of these websites for free options!
With the multitude of science resources available, we know you’ll be sure to find your best fit!