Awesome Fall Crafts and Activities for KidsOctober 19, 2018
The leaves are changing color and falling to the ground. The smell of pumpkin is in the air. Fall has finally arrived. This time of year tends to bring a feeling of family, fun, and crafting! We have raked up some fun kid activities and craft ideas to help you get into that fall creative spirit.
Leaf Love Fall Crafts
One of the best parts of fall is the magical color changing of the leaves. The beautiful colors mesmerize as they fall to the ground marking the end of summer and the start of cooler weather. Celebrate the beauty of autumn foliage with these fun leaf art and craft ideas.
- Searching for fallen leaves is one of the most fun things to do for kids. Grab a few leaves, break out the paints, and create stunning prints of the fallen leaves.
- Combine science and art to make these salt crystal leaves. Learn about crystallization while creating something wonderful.
- Bring the magic of the falling leaves inside by creating a falling leaves sensory bottle.
- Stained glass leaf suncatchers are a perfect craft to showcase the gorgeous autumn colors inside! .
Happy Harvest Fall Activities
Autumn brings closure to the summer season and signals time for the harvest. Apples, corn, and pumpkins are all featured in these activities for kids.
- Grab some easy to find materials to make these cute harvest corn sun catchers.
- Pumpkin play clay is the perfect addition to your activities for preschoolers list. With only a few ingredients, this easy to make clay can lead to hours of creating while filling the air with that great pumpkin smell!
- Painting, lacing, and stuffing skills are used to make these adorable stuffed paper apples.
The ultimate star of the fall season is the turkey. Get crafty with the gobbler in these activities for kids.
- Just some paper and glue are all you need to help your readers keep their place with these fabulous turkey bookmarks.
- Get the older children involved and put on a show after you all make unique turkey marionettes.
- Keep it fun and simple with this paper strip turkey activity. This one is a perfect fall preschool craft.
Jamie Gaddy, B.S., M.Ed., Ed.D. has been a college education professor for over 17 years. Education has been a part of her life in both the classroom and as a principal. Six children later found her dissatisfied with traditional school and homeschool became the better fit. She is also a pastor’s wife, editor, and entrepreneur who now homeschools four of her six children in Georgia. Jamie loves to share about her homeschool experience to help other homeschoolers find success. Connect with her at [email protected]