University of Nebraska High School Provides More Than Just Online Classes
By: Debby Bartz, UNHS Adviser
Homeschool families often take a leap of faith and choose to enroll in the University of Nebraska High School (UNHS) for their homeschool curriculum. UNHS understands that homeschool families value the time to develop strong family relations and use quality resources to customize their child’s education.
Previous homeschool families have shared these values that were found in the UNHS curriculum and education team.
- The courses provide evidence of academic progress within each course. Courses are designed with advised learning sequences. Homeschool parents appreciate their teen’s milestones of moving forward in curriculum content, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- The UNHS allows students to reflect their intelligence and academic responsibilities through goal setting and self-motivation. Homeschool students mature through independent learning and confidently get ready for college level learning.
- The UNHS curriculum is written by educational professionals: licensed teachers and curriculum designers within their subject area.
- The University of Nebraska High School offers the support of state certified licensed teachers, secondary school counselors, and a high school principal.
- The UNHS diploma program is fully accredited and recognized by the US Department of Education through AdvancEd and the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Students have the ability to keep yearly portfolios of teacher comments and interesting assignments, order free transcripts, request progress reviews, study skill strategies, and time management education, recommendation letters, and college application support.
- The UNHS program builds a sense of pride and accomplishments; such as special achievements through student features, ACT and SAT exam completions, honor roll, and a graduation ceremony for those who choose to earn the UNHS diploma.
- The UNHS staff and curriculum encourages students to work hard and develop a love for learning.
- The UNHS program fits a family budget and needs for academic support; yet, offers the flexibility to meet their family’s purpose for homeschooling and their academic mission statement.
As you can see, homeschool families are embracing all of the things an online homeschool setting has to offer. You are able to customize it to fit your budget, lifestyle and schedule. Homeschooling your child can be a lot to take on. However, with an online program like UNHS, you can make it all the more manageable.