fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leaders of Learning, July 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RebeccaK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaders of Learning, July 8
    Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 7:29am
Welcome Petra, Jodi, Kristy, Deb, Pam, Laurie, Meagan, Jessie, Phyllis, Colleen, and Karen.

Thank you for taking this course with me. This is my first MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) and I am excited to test it out. I'm hoping that this class can help us take our homeschooling from ordinary to extraordinary. Let's start by introducing ourselves and telling why we are taking the class. I'll go first.

My name is Rebecca and I am the Senior Editor of Homeschool.com. I homeschooled for 20 years and my children are all in college now. I am taking this course because 1) I am fascinated with how people learn, 2) I am excited about the idea of free college classes to all who want to learn, and 3) I'm thinking about getting my Ph.D and I like the idea of being a pioneer and figuring out how I can earn this degree completely through these amazing free classes.

Now it's your turn. Please tell us about yourself and why you are taking this class.

Edited by RebeccaK - 08/Jul/2014 at 10:25am
ColleenCooney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColleenCooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 10:14am
Hi. 
My name is Colleen Cooney, and I have been a frequent visitor of Homeschool.com for many years.  I am excited about this new opportunity of learning.  I think that we are constantly learning, even as we grow older.  Learning new things has no age limit.  Today, I turned 52 years old.  I look forward to this class, and getting to know more homeschool.com members.

Thank you,

Colleen
RebeccaK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 10:21am
Hello Colleen. Nice to me you! We're going to have a lot of fun.
Entropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 11:15am
Hi!  I'm Jodi Schreiber and very excited to be here. I'm taking this class for all the same reasons as Rebecca, plus one more big one; I'm in a rut with our homeschooling. Ouch
I know it can be so much more, and the boys are doing well, but I'm ready to
GROW.  GROWGROW!!!
Star
Hugs to All!
-Jodi
ColleenCooney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColleenCooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 11:53am
Thanks Rebecca <3

Hi Judi :D   

Great to meet you.  I already watch some of the video's, and got even more excited about this course.  This is going to be a fantastic learning experience for all of us that we can share with the homeschooling community!

Colleen
Entropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/Jul/2014 at 10:47pm
Has anyone taken the Modes of Learning Assessment yet?  What did you think?

Called2Teach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Called2Teach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Jul/2014 at 1:35am
Hi, my name is Phyllis, and I'm excited to be taking the class.

I am a single (divorced) mother homeschooling my 14-year-old son; we will soon enter our 9th year of homeschooling. Along with homeschooling, I'm now pursuing a Bachelor's degree in English Language Learner Studies (TESL), and my goal is teaching ESL/basic literacy skills to adult and reading skills to special ed students.

I'm excited about the class and know I'll learn much that will be helpful to me as a homeschooler and future teacher.
Mani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Aug/2014 at 9:58pm

Hi everyone! I am Mani from Philly. I am very late to the group but hope to catch up.

I have a PhD in Molecular Biology and just started homeschooling about 1 year ago.  I loved being in science and now love learning and teaching at home. My other passion is dance and I have been teaching dance for over 15 years. I am taking this course as I love both learning and teaching.  It is amazing to be part of a MOOC and as Rebecca said why should the kids have all the fun! Smile

Edited by Mani - 09/Aug/2014 at 10:01pm
RebeccaK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Aug/2014 at 10:57pm
Hi Mani. Welcome! The class is wonderful. You're going to love it. I'm going to take The Science of Happiness next, starting in September, because I believe that happy learners learn better. So glad you could join us with the HarvardX course.

Rebecca
Mani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Aug/2014 at 11:25pm
Hi Rebecca Thanks for the welcome! Do you have a favorite section so far?  
Is the Science of Happiness also at HarvardX?

Mani Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic