fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you figured out your child's learning style?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HomeofLove4Him View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomeofLove4Him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you figured out your child's learning style?
    Posted: 18/May/2016 at 9:23am
Have you? Tongue

If you're pondering the different options for curriculum out there, it's bound to have crossed your mind that you don't know your child's learning style. If this describes you, how will you figure it out? If you already know your child's learning style, let's talk about it and what programs/curricula you have found helpful! 

I'll go first! LOL

I have four children with various learning styles. 

Child A: visual and auditory
Child B: visual
Child C: visual, kinesthetic, auditory (definitely a mixture of all three and definitely my most challenging to teach)
Child D: kinesthetic, auditory

So, how do I homeschool with all of these learning styles? I've learned how to make our curriculum work for us (rather than us working for the curriculum). I think this is especially true since our children begged to return to the curriculum we use. That alone is one of the reasons I'm dedicated to making our program (which is a very traditional program but we use it in a way that suits us) work. 

How do you feel about learning styles? I think it's important to teach our child what his or her learning style is and how to best accommodate that style for himself. This way, when our child is in college or in on-the-job training, the child will know "I do best when I have XXX situation, so I need to make sure that I have XXX in place so I can understand this material."  

~Tasha
HomeofLove4Him View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomeofLove4Him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Jul/2017 at 5:16pm
Just giving this post a boost. Since posting this, I've had my children take the learning styles quizzes at www.HowtoLearn.com. As it turns out, I was right with the exception of #1 (she ended up being split evenly amongst all three styles). I've also since had another baby (whose learning style remains to be seen). :)

~Tasha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic