fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Child-led checklists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tahirabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahirabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Child-led checklists
    Posted: 19/Jan/2017 at 9:29am
I have been looking online everywhere and can not find at all what I am thinking of doing with my boys. I want to have them learn to fallow schedules but still have freedom in what they work on. What I was thinking of was creating a homeschool "checklist" of subjects such as math, reading, writing, Spanish, ext., nothing specific. Then I would have out and provide different materials for them to work with (workbooks, library books, games, toys, DVDs CD-ROM, ext. all things of my choosing with some suggestions by my boys) and then just let them choose what they want to do using their checklists. ( I would teach them how this works the first few times and alwYs be around for when they have questions). Does this make sense? Has anyone seen a checklist like this? Has anyone seen a checklist used in this way? Do any of you do anything similar to this... Structure within a lot of child-led freedom. Subjects chosen by mom but specific lessons/learning/cussiculum chossen by child.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic