fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homeschooling with special needs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angieharlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angieharlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homeschooling with special needs
    Posted: 17/Apr/2017 at 8:44pm
Hi! I am am new to the forum. I am considering homeschooling my 8 year old son. My son is autistic and sensory processing disorder. I am wondering how well he would do with homeschooling. Anyone with advice about their experiences would be great. Thanks in advance.
HomeofLove4Him View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomeofLove4Him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2017 at 5:37am
Hi there, 

Many of our members are homeschooling children with special needs. Specifically with SPD, homeschooling would likely be the best solution for him. All the stimulation in schools tends to upset kids with SPD. Here is a great article on homeschooling children with special needs. It's a FAQs section on our site about what it's like to homeschool children with special needs: http://www.homeschool.com/advisors/Lanman/

Also, if you type in "homeschooling children with special needs" into our search bar above, you'll find several relevant pieces of content. Click the "Homeschool.com" tab at the top of your search results to pull content from our site. :) 

~Tasha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic