fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help finding resources/information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
addiesmith14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addiesmith14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help finding resources/information
    Posted: 14/Jul/2017 at 7:13pm
Hello. I am having a lot of trouble finding resources for my new homeschooler. We have a curriculum that we are going to use (A.C.E.) and I work a full time job every day so I can't homeschool my child. I have been looking at co-ops but thats not what I am looking for. I need a place where my daughter can go and do her homeschool work (which is all self-paced) and have a person there to answer questions if she needs it. basically a group of kids that all do their own separate homeschool work but have supervisor there if they need it. I don't want her home alone all day so I need a place for her to be to do her work.
HomeofLove4Him View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomeofLove4Him Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/Jul/2017 at 2:52pm
Sounds like you might be interested in sending her to an ACE school. Basically, an ACE school is a school where the kids work in PACEs all day. There are supervisors there to answer questions ...but usually, per ACE's requirements, they'll direct the students back into the PACE where they'll find all the answers to the questions. I mean, if a student still doesn't understand, they'll go further of course but a supervisor isn't a teacher. At an ACE school, no one "teaches" from the PACEs or anything. They'll be set up in an "office" where they'll spend the day completing PACE work and going back and forth to the scoring station to score their own work. If this sounds like something that'll help, try Googling "ACE schools" in your area. :)

HTH! 

~Tasha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic