fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCatholic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catholic
    Posted: 14/Mar/2007 at 6:29pm
Is there a reason why Catholic is listed separately from Christian?
YouMeUs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/Mar/2007 at 5:10am
That one confused me at first too.  LOL  It appeared to me that 'we have our club, so you all can go over there'.  But I choose to believe that Catholicism, and others, were separated because some of the views and specific teachings were more specialized than what a 'lump all your Christian religions here' forum would be able to offer.  At least that is what I hope was meant.

Does it bother you?
Kcbyemom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Mar/2007 at 1:03pm

Seems to make sense to me. 

I'm not Catholic, I'm catholic.  The tragedy I find in home school arenas both locally and online is that we have the super psycho christians with opinions on everything and then the followers of Christ who choose their opportunities with great caution.  I would rather find my peers in the group perceived to be heathen than christian.

Smiles Youmeus - is Jesus in YOUR heart today?

YouMeUs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Mar/2007 at 8:30am
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, so is Buddha and Ganesha.  It makes for some nice conversation. 

Androcles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Mar/2007 at 4:57pm
I think you forgot a few "haha"s. It woulda been more effective that way. (and Confucious is rolling over in his grave right now)
YouMeUs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Mar/2007 at 8:14pm
Sorry Androcles.  I've known Kcbyemom for...umm...14 years.  Wow!  Really?

My comment was much the inside joke.  
Botan91 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Dec/2009 at 2:18pm
It kinda bothers me because I'm Catholic and looking for Catholic threads where the atheist, buddist, and everyone else under the sun is looking.  It's just that a Catholic is more like a Christian then non-Christian and for organization's sake I think Catholic topics would be more findable in the Christian section.
littlefry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Oct/2010 at 1:38pm
...and they'll know we are Christians by our Love.

I'm Catholic. This is a Catholic faith based forum. We distinguish ourselves as such because other "christian faiths" do not have the same traditions and beliefs as Catholics have. Some have broken away from "being part of the faithful".Others chose to be lead by Luther, Henry the VIII or whomever and still want to call Jesus the head of their church. Catholics trace their lineage down from Peter who was appointed by Jesus Christ himself to hold the keys. Our traditions and beliefs are guided by the Pope through the Holy See and Holy Spirit. We are a distinguished bunch, we don't have to "claim" to be "christians" because we got it right the first time, we didn't need to be "born again", we aren't baptized twice. Our personal relationship with Christ doesn't require bumper stickers or t-shirts.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic