fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for good secular science curric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
used2teach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for good secular science curric
    Posted: 26/Jan/2008 at 9:06pm

I am looking for a good secular science curriculum, no creation science.  I use Christian curriculum for many other subjects but when it comes to science I will not use it.  I found Great Science Adventures by Dinah Ziki (I believe that's her name).  It sounded interesting. It was the only one I have found that seems to be what I may be looking for. I would like more to choose from, but the bottom line is that I just want a good scientific based curriculum for my soon to be 6th grader.

Any suggestions, ideas, reviews of curriculum used, or leads on ones you have heard of would be great.

angelic007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2008 at 7:01pm

i was looking for the exact same thing today and found www.noeoscience.com . it looks pretty cool and has lots of hands on activities to keep kids interested. it actually explains their reason to remain non-religious on the site. check it out and let me know what you think! good luck!!!

~angelic

used2teach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2008 at 7:25pm

Thanks for reminding me about noeo I almost purchased them for this year but ended up going with Real Science 4 Kids.  We like it but I would like a program that does a little of each area of science during the year.  I can't remember if noeo does just one are like chemistry, biology etc.  That is what Real Science does.  My dc just like to do different things. 

I will go check out their site now.

angelic007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Jan/2008 at 7:38pm
my son does too, but i figure since they have a lot of different lessons for each science...he wouldn't get bored and still build on his learning of the particular science.
clarkestep View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/Jan/2008 at 5:12pm
we use noeo and it is pretty good.  It covers one topic per year (biology, chemistry, or physics) I wanted something for my boys that didn't have tests and quizes.  What they do is read the assigned pages and then draw a picture and write a summary of what they read about.  Like today they read, drew a picture and 'described some of the unique ways that birds find food".  My boys seem to be learning quite a bit of real life biology.  I personally think it is a little repetitous but they do it.  We are using the biology II and we have the chemistry II.  I don't know if we will actually do it though.  We'll see.

Jennifer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic