fb track/>
Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum Visit Our Youtube Channel

Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community. We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
space
Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUnschoolers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eriess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unschoolers
    Posted: 13/May/2008 at 7:08pm

We didn't know about 'unschooling' until two years ago when we joined an unschooling umbrella.  We were basically unschooling but didn't know there was a term for it.  Does anyone have good reading material or recommendations (other than John Holt and Sandra Dodd) for unschoolers??

TIA!

~E

SueB. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Feb/2009 at 3:35pm

Have you looked at Home Education Magazine? Mothering magazine? They both support unschooling.

Keep reading, and looking for books about it at the library under homeschooling.

Hope this helps.

mrshannigan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/Apr/2009 at 2:39pm
YES- Rethinking Education Conference

Scott Noelle subscribe to his email thing, little 2 minute daily uplifting positive parenting things

Yahoo groups has a few great unschooling groups, and of course- My blog  which isn't entirely dedicated to unschooling, but I did link to the unschooling category.  All the amazon books in my sidebar are for unschooling books and I'm still adding old things to the category from before I switched over to wordpress.

Anyways, we are eclectic unschoolers, because we do enjoy curriculum, but we don't have a lot of rules or requirements.  Some unschoolers are really strict about the 'rules of unschooling" which IMHO is silly.  My kids are happy healthy and free to speak up or speak out or make a new plan and they do all the time. 

I highly recommend you check out that convention, though.  It's absolutely HUGE and it's been going on for like 13 years now.  It totally changed my life and I can't wait to go back this year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic