ages 6 to 96 love Art Jams!
Younger artists, 6 to 10 years, may need adult help.
Kits are not recommended for artists younger than 6 years of age.
$19.95 for a single kit/Three Student Box Kit $55/Party Packs also available
project kit contains everything you need to create a delicious work of art.
If I could grade a product on total cuteness—Art
Jams would receive an A++!
Each box (jar) kit contains supplies to complete
an Art Jams
sculpture project, drawing project or painting project. An illustrated
instruction booklet for each project is included. Their free, online videos
provide step-by-step instructions for each project as well as basic art
techniques. The site also lists links to art history lessons, cultural
information, and MORE.
I received each of the jars—and was impressed
with all of them. Everyone in the office wanted to try one! Really--they were a
Information below is for the Oil Pastels Calla
Lily jar. The wide mouth mason jar (yes, it really comes in a mason jar) was
chocked full of artistic inspiration and included the following:
- an instruction booklet
- Four 7X5 inch pieces of paper
- 4 small pieces of scrap paper
- 12 oil pastels in assorted colors
- 1 tortillo (a paper stump used for blending)
- 1 wood scratch stick
- 1 pencil
- 1 ink pen
- tape/adhesive strips
- 3 paper towels (yes, really!)
- 1 pattern for tracing the lily
I really like the following about
- the packaging—it's SO cute!
- you're able to trace or draw the art project (some students might
want to start with tracing and work up to drawing)
- very thorough—with directions on setting up a work area all the way
through to taking care of your masterpiece once it's completed
- there are videos on the site so you can follow along—this is VERY
- there are helpful art tips (and they are very helpful—tips I
wouldn't have thought about)
- this is a fun project for homeschooling, weekend or summer
projects, parties, family days and more
- For co-op and support group situations you can order Art Jams in
boxed kits designed to teach 3, 6, 12, and 24 students. You can purchase
the kits in jars, or minus the jars (to save a little money—although
really, everyone is going to want a jar!)
is enclosed with each boxed kit, spanning three weeks of daily lessons.
Each lesson runs 30 to 45 minutes. The schedule is flexible; each
student can progress at his/her own pace. Each lesson can be taught
daily, once a week or twice a week - whatever best suits each student's
- All projects are safe and contain materials that meet the
requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
projects include a Mobile, a Pencil Drawing:Lion, and a Watercolor:Koi. Five
additional kits are listed as coming soon.
...artistic ...educational ...and of course, great fun!