Artists ages 6 to 96 love Art Jams!
Younger artists, 6 to 10 years, may need adult help.
Kits are not recommended for artists younger than 6 years of age.
$19.95 for a single kit/Three Student Box Kit $55/Party Packs also available
Each Art Jams project kit contains everything you need to create a delicious work of art.
If I could grade a product on total cuteness—Art Jams would receive an A++!
Each box (jar) kit contains supplies to complete an Art Jams sculpture project, drawing project or painting project. An illustrated instruction booklet for each project is included. Their free, online videos provide step-by-step instructions for each project as well as basic art techniques. The site also lists links to art history lessons, cultural information, and MORE.
I received each of the jars—and was impressed with all of them. Everyone in the office wanted to try one! Really–they were a big hit!
Information below is for the Oil Pastels Calla Lily jar. The wide mouth mason jar (yes, it really comes in a mason jar) was chocked full of artistic inspiration and included the following:
- an instruction booklet
- Four 7X5 inch pieces of paper
- 4 small pieces of scrap paper
- 12 oil pastels in assorted colors
- 1 tortillo (a paper stump used for blending)
- 1 wood scratch stick
- 1 pencil
- 1 ink pen
- tape/adhesive strips
- 3 paper towels (yes, really!)
- 1 pattern for tracing the lily
I really like the following about Art Jams —
- the packaging—it’s SO cute!
- you’re able to trace or draw the art project (some students might want to start with tracing and work up to drawing)
- very thorough—with directions on setting up a work area all the way through to taking care of your masterpiece once it’s completed
- there are videos on the site so you can follow along—this is VERY helpful
- there are helpful art tips (and they are very helpful—tips I wouldn’t have thought about)
- this is a fun project for homeschooling, weekend or summer projects, parties, family days and more
- For co-op and support group situations you can order Art Jams in boxed kits designed to teach 3, 6, 12, and 24 students. You can purchase the kits in jars, or minus the jars (to save a little money—although really, everyone is going to want a jar!)
unit guide is enclosed with each boxed kit, spanning three weeks of daily lessons. Each lesson runs 30 to 45 minutes. The schedule is flexible; each student can progress at his/her own pace. Each lesson can be taught daily, once a week or twice a week – whatever best suits each student’s schedule.
- All projects are safe and contain materials that meet the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) 2008.
Other Art Jams projects include a Mobile, a Pencil Drawing:Lion, and a Watercolor:Koi. Five additional kits are listed as coming soon.
Art Jams …artistic …educational …and of course, great fun!