Codakid Homeschool Product Review
Codakid Product Review
- Grades: K-12
- Subject: Computer Science
- Category: Non-Religious
- Format: Online
- Price: $25/mo or $299/year
How to Use Codakid
Kids learn to code!
CodaKid is an online kid’s computer programming and game design school for ages 8 and up. CodaKid teaches coding using professional languages and tools while engaging students with high-interest projects such as Minecraft modding, Roblox game development, web development, Python programming, drone programming, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
The founder and CEO David Dodge is a game designer and software architect who began working in product development for SEGA in the early 90s, and who later designed top rated games for the Sony PlayStation and the PC. David is credited on over 30 titles for SEGA, Sony, and PC.
Codakid Program Features
Codakid stands apart from other coding resources because it uses real programming tools just like the professionals do. The teachers are dedicated and will help kids solve problems through screen share and other 1:1 teaching and learning opportunities. Codakid is a monthly subscription and parents can cancel at any time.
- Self-paced courses
- Instruction in four coding languages, with more in progress.
- Monthly subscription fee instead of an expensive purchase — more accessible.
- Online instruction — no downloads
- Courses available for children under 6yo to adults!
If you are interested in trying before you commit, you’ll want to check out Codakids free trial.
Codakid Pros and Cons
Codakid Pricing Information
Codakid is a subscription service. Two pricing options are available: $25/mo or $299/year.
- What makes CodaKid different than other kids coding courses and platforms?
- CodaKid courses are incredibly fun and engaging. Our award winning kids coding school has tens of thousands of kids how to build mods for Minecraft, design games, and build apps.
- CodaKid uses real programming tools that the pros use. Other online kids coding courses use drag and drop technology or simple closed platforms.
- We provide insanely awesome support! Our teachers love helping kids and will help you solve problems through email or even screenshare.
- CodaKid monthly and annual subscriptions purchased directly from CodaKid include unlimited access to hundreds of hours of student projects!
- Which computer languages do you teach?
- What concepts will my child see in CodaKid courses?
- Our coding courses teach booleans, conditionals, loops, variables, methods, arrays, switch statements, functions, and more. CodaKid classes also help boost students’ proficiency in mathematics, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Are these online courses self-paced or live?
- Our online courses are self-paced and can be taken anytime – on your schedule. Students will watch HD video lessons, pause the videos, code, design, and then test their work. Our friendly instructional team is there every step of the way with awesome, award-winning support! Just use our handy chat button inside the learning platform or email the support team.
- How long does it take to complete each course?
- Each course can take anywhere between 30 and 60 hours to complete, depending upon the course and the child’s speed.
- My child has no experience. Are these courses good for beginners?
- The Level 1 courses are designed for beginner to intermediate students. Level 1 courses start off slower and ramp up steadily. Videos can be rewound and re-watched if necessary, and the video speed can be slowed down or sped up to best accommodate different speeds. Our online instructional team is available for additional help when needed. Level 2 courses build upon the foundation established in the Level 1 courses. It is highly recommended that students complete Level 1 courses in each course path prior to taking a Level 2 course.
- My child does not fall between the ages of 7 to 15. Can he still take the course?
- Yes. We have had a number of adult students as well as several students under the age of 6 take our course.