VocabularySpellingCity is a game-based website and app used by K-12 students to practice vocabulary, spelling, phonics, and writing. Students will feel like they’re playing while they master each new word list, using more than 40 spelling and vocabulary games.
How it Works
With VocabularySpellingCity’s learning games and activities, kids are able to see, hear, breakdown, and play with words. These games and activities provide spaced, repeated practice, which is an effective way to study and remember words. Just ten minutes of daily independent practice through VocabularySpellingCity has proven effective in increasing vocabulary retention and reading comprehension.
Our homeschool mom who reviewed VocabularySpellingCity said:
- It’s easy for parents! I quickly setup year-round spelling and vocabulary practice for homeschooling.
- I chose the level for each child and could change it higher or lower as needed.
- I was able to use VocabularySpellingCity for other subjects, to introduce vocabulary for new topics.
- My kids enjoyed the games, so there were no struggles about doing the work.
- The program gives immediate feedback, so the kids saw and learned from their mistakes.
- My kids studied by themselves and felt confident with their progress.
- As they practiced their words, I began to hear them use these words in their conversations. Playing with words helped increase their vocabulary!
- I easily reviewed their work from the parent portal.
- Data was recorded for our homeschool portfolios.
- The price was very affordable, as I homeschool five children.