|From Demme Learning, Spelling You See is a spelling program that allows students to develop spelling skills naturally, at their own pace, with the direction and encouragement of the instructor. Dr. Karen Holinga developed this innovative approach during more than ten years of research and experience tutoring children who struggle with spelling. With Spelling You See, you can use Dr. Holinga’s approach to help your students become confident, competent spellers.
- Unique new research-based program
- Follows developmental stages of spelling
- Tested successfully since 2000 by Dr. Karen Holinga, “The Reading Doctor”
- Short, daily activities integrating copywork, reading, speaking, and listening
- Promotes long-term visual memory of letter patterns that helps students, over time, to incorporate correct spelling in everyday writing
Research has shown that students spell correctly when words are imprinted on the visual memory. This happens with repeated reading and repeated copying of letters and words. Reading back what is written helps students cement the correct spelling in their long-term memories, enabling them to spell the words naturally in everyday writing..
Call us with all your questions about spelling, math, and the homeschool journey!