Homeschooling is the most exciting movement in education today! It’s not exactly new; up until 1850 most children in America were educated at home. But the past 25 years have seen a revival in homeschooling, and now between two and three million children in the United States are learning at home. Homeschool.com was created to empower parents to create the ideal school for their child at home! Homeschool.com’s founding principle is to consistently provide resources, information, and support to all homeschooling families.
Homeschooling is poised for explosive growth, and with that growth comes the responsibility to embrace the incredible diversity of families that choose to homeschool. Homeschool.com supports each family’s unique approach to preparing their children for success! Explore Homeschool.com and let us help you… from getting started homeschooling to helping your young adult go out into the world!
Families new to homeschooling or considering homeschooling:
Veteran Homeschooling Families:
As you begin or continue your homeschooling adventure, consider adopting Homeschool.com’s Mission Statement:
- Each child’s learning style will be identified and all material will be presented in a format that honors that style.
- Each child’s “readiness” will be considered before he or she begins an area of learning. Each child will be encouraged to follow his or her interests.
- Each child will learn by doing.
- Each child will be honored as an individual.
- Each child will have downtime to play and just be a kid.
- Each child will be encouraged to pursue their passions in life.
- Each child’s special genius will be discovered, nurtured, and preserved.