Connect with us
Like Homeschool.com on Facebook Follow Homeschool.com on Twitter Pin Homeschool.com on Pinterest Add Homeschool.com on Google+ Visit Our Homeschooling Forum
Homeschool.com, the #1 homeschooling community.  We help you take learning from Ordinary to Extraordinary!
| More
space

Homeschool.com Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Everyone who worked on Reading Eggs...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gandalf.hudlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gandalf.hudlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Everyone who worked on Reading Eggs...
    Posted: 23/Feb/2012 at 9:33pm
 ... automatically gets into heaven!  Excellent work!  Super effective! Fantastic in every way!

My only complaint is that now you need to make Math Eggs and Algebra Eggs and Chemistry eggs and well, you get the picture :)

rockitfuel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockitfuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/Apr/2012 at 10:38am
I totally agree.  My son (age 5) hadn't had any interest in reading before we started him on this program.  He loved it!  I can't think of a single thing that could have made his experience better.  He loved to play in the level, and often would ask to do "just one more" lesson.  He loved getting to a new map and seeing what eggs were going to hatch into.  I never would have guessed that such a small thing would be so motivating!  ;)

He went from never having read before to being able to read level one readers from the library with little to no help at all, within just 3 months!  I will definitely turn to Reading Eggs first when my daughter is ready to read.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

One small thing is that I couldn't get some of the lessons to work on our Kindle Fire (touch screen).  This is the first website that had that issue, so we were limited in letting him use reading eggs on a laptop only.  Just a minor inconvenience, but something to think about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic