I am moving to Puerto Rico in June and I am looking for an Internet Home School curriculum. I have two children that will be completing grades 3rd & 6th grade in Florida this June. My job will have me traveling all over the island (GIS related work) and fortunately, my kids will be able to be with me all the time. Below is a list of things I am looking for in a Home School/Virtual program:
· Internet based or CD/DVD based
· Set curriculum for each subject
· Child can learn at own pace with minimum set target achievements and dates (this can be adjusted by me if I want to push them a little)
· Child can work ahead on subjects if they are able without hampering the other subject (if the child is great in Math, the child does not have to wait for his other subjects to be at the same level0
· Curriculum is accredited and meets and/or exceeds all US public school standards
Basically I am looking for an accredited virtual school curriculum that the kids learn by themselves but have targets they must meet. They each have their own laptop pc and are very proficient in using them and the internet. Hopefully this curriculum can be tweaked by me if I feel they could do more. My role would be mostly to tutor or explain things they do not understand from the program.
The program has to be accredited in every state in the US and have tests that certify them at a certain level as they progress in the program. I will be returning to the U.S.A. in 2 years and really hope that they are actually ahead in their schooling when they return.
I know it is a lot I am asking for but I hope there is such a program for parents on the move.
Thank you all for any help or suggestions in advance. Hope to be very active here once I am settled in Puerto Rico.