12 Daily Prayers for Your Homeschooled Children
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16b).
As a parent, you are undoubtedly busy with the daily routine of caring for your children. However, in the midst of our business and homeschooling, we cannot forget to stop and pray for them. To help you make this a daily habit, Arabah Joy, a mother of four children and a missionary in Asia, has compiled a list of 12 prayers for your children.
1. Pray that they will come to know Christ at a young age. Isaiah 45:8, Ecclesiastes 12:1
2. Pray for quick conviction of sin and that their sins will be found out. I John 2:1, Numbers 32:23
3. Pray that they would be humble and willing to receive instruction. James 4:10, Proverbs 1:8
4. Pray that they will have a love for God’s Word and accept it as the standard of truth. Psalm 119:105, Hebrews 4:12
5. Pray that they will be protected from evil, body, soul, and spirit. John 17:15, Matthew 6:13
6. Pray that they would be free of the need for people’s approval and be willing to stand alone. Galatians 1:10, Daniel 1:8
7. Pray that they will value wisdom and make wise choices. Proverbs 4:5-7
8. Pray that they will learn to submit to God. James 4:7
9. Pray for a faith that demonstrates itself in action and hard work. II Peter 1:5-8, Colossians 3:23
10. Pray that they would have godly friendships and be protected from ungodly ones. Proverbs 1:10, I Samuel 23:16
11. Pray for meaningful, lifelong relationships with their siblings. Job 1:2-4, Romans 12:10
12. Pray for their future spouse. Proverbs 18:22, Proverbs 21:9
Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, educational books and games, support services, family entertainment, and an accredited online academy. To learn more, visit www.aop.com or call 800-622-3070.