FYI – 2017’s Best & Worst Entry-Level JobsMay 31, 2017
Taking stock of the first-timer employment landscape, WalletHub’s analysts compared more than 100 different types of entry-level positions based on 12 key metrics.
The data set ranges from median starting salary to projected job growth by 2024 to median tenure with employer.
Best Entry-Level Jobs
Worst Entry-Level Jobs
|1.||Engineer I||100.||Sheetmetal Mechanic I|
|2.||Systems Engineer I||101.||Machinist I|
|3.||Architect I||102.||Carpenter I|
|4.||Web Applications Developer I||103.||Aircraft Painter I|
|5.||Electrical Engineer I||104.||Automotive Mechanic I|
|6.||Safety Representative I||105.||Tool and Die Maker I|
|7.||Training Specialist I||106.||Plumber I|
|8.||Software Engineer I||107.||Boilermaker I|
|9.||Electronics Engineer I||108.||Floor Assembler I|
|10.||Chemical Engineer I||109.||Welder I|
Best vs. Worst
- Tax attorneys have the highest median starting salary, $93,899, which is 5.8 times higher than that of a college teaching assistant, the job with the lowest at $16,077.
- Employee-relations specialists have the highest income growth potential, 6.2, which is 3.4 times higher than that of a bank teller, the job with the lowest at 1.8.
- Benefits administrators have the longest median tenure with their employers, 6.3 years, which is two times higher than that of a certified occupational-therapy assistant, the job with the shortest at 3.1 years.
- Certified occupational-therapy assistants have the highest projected job growth by 2024, 42.7 percent.
- Although web-application developers and software engineers are among the 10 best entry-level jobs, computer operators have the grimmest job outlook, with 19 percent of jobs in the field projected to be cut by 2024.
For the full report, you can visit:
Just thought you’d like to know!
As parents, we would all be quick to admit that we want our children to be as happy and healthy as they can be. We try to maintain an upbeat, happy home environment where our kids feel safe and…Read more >
Our family’s journey to homeschooling has been an interesting one and hopefully will be an encouragement to you. Let’s begin by taking a trip down memory lane of how we got to where we are…Read more >
The spring season is here, which means it’s time for the spring holidays! While most people don’t forget about fluffy bunnies bringing candy baskets, St. Patrick’s Day sometimes gets lost…Read more >